Thursday, June 19, 2008

How Ayu is Sekayu?


IT HAPPENED AGAIN! My plan didn’t worked out… my trip to Kapas Island was postponed to another date, not decide yet. Well, let the time tell, I will be there someday for sure, as I promised to myself. and no one to be blame, it's just the weather. The weather wasn’t good enough. It was raining sentimentally in the whole gloomy morning. I can do nothing about that except pulled back my thin blanket and continued to sleep. That was the best damn thing to do. You bet! No activity for the day and the next few days. But I told my friend, if he wanna go somewhere and do a thing, just go for it. Don’t wait for my permission. Fortunately, my bro asked him to follow him, go somewhere with him. I don’t know the detail. And it’s good for him though. If not, I can't sleep. joking.


After a few days without activity, I decided to go to picnic, kind of. Not at beach, but in the jungle near the waterfall, named Hutan Lipur Sekayu. Actually, it wasn’t me the one who decided, my 3rd sis (the one who still in the MC after admitted into ward) told me that her school going to have a camping over there. My other sis, the 8th sis (she worked at the same school as my 3rd sis) she’s on duty on Friday. So, I just followed my 8th sis went there. As far as I remembered, the last time I was there when I was in 6th grade, in 1995. But wasn’t for picnic, I was attended as a participant in the science camp program at Taman Pertanian Sekayu. Old memories to recall and barely can remember it.

So, the last Friday, we spent the whole day in the jungle. Most of the time, I was in the water/river/waterfall. It’s so bloody cold and so refreshing. Just took a break for Jumaat pray and to eat something. For the start, only the four of us, my friend and I, my older niece and her friend (my 8th sis and her son was sent into the camp for duty purpose) was there. (Okay, not only four, but many of them were there but I just wanna mention ‘us’ here). Suddenly, my niece said, my other sis, the 7th sis, and her family was outside at the main gate as she spoke in the phone. My 7th sis called me probably, but I didn’t answer. Of course not, I was in the water. Enjoy the every moment of the nature. It was eight of them, my sis and her husband, her 5 children and my other niece. Well, the more the merrier. And luckily, they brought us much more food as we run out of the stock. Haha!

Back to breakfast time, my 8th sis came to pick me up and I just woke up at that time. Obviously not bath yet! I’m hurried to breakfast table having 2 plates of nasi minyak (I went to buy it this morning after subuh prayer while my friend washed the car, my 3rd sis car, probably got tortured, haha). While the ‘kids’ busy to ask me where am I going to… happily I told them but I can’t bring them with us. what a pity? but still I teased them. I can’t bring one of them, the other surely wanna join us. All of them stayed. But, it was their day; my bro in law (my 7th sis's husband) was out of duty, the factory closed for a day. My 2nd sis pities them (the kids, which is I teased a lot earlier) and asked him to bring them here. So here we are. In my thought, actually, my 2nd sis chased them away from the house. you know kids, everyday and every time my house was such a messed. it was a big, huge disaster to be frank. It's all their 'deeded'. Children!

Just my view to share, it’s so sad actually, nowadays Sekayu wasn’t much interesting as the old one. When I was small, my 1st sis always brings me here. My memory when I was kid was much more fun. As I remembered, there was a mini zoo in here, a lot of shops, a lot of plants, and there was a recreational park for me to play. Not just the waterfall. But now, it was nothing, only the waterfall left. So sad, isn’t it?

So, the day was fun… I enjoyed the waterfall. Enjoyed the free massage and the best massage ever, you can feel it when the water falls on your shoulder. Feel like the burden went away. The view not so much, but the nature is amazing… well I’m not the eco guy, just enough to love the nature. I care. And it was more fun, when I have a chance to tease my nephew. He scared of the water badly. And make me annoyed. What the heck he thinks? Came here and just play at the edge, not even came into the water, and his hair wasn’t wet at all. So pissed with him, I grabbed him and took him into the water. So sudden, he screamed then cried like a crybaby. Who’s care? What the bloody coward boy? Well, I just continued my day in the water…

That it is.

Quizzes of the day;
1. How many sis(s) do I have actually?? Haha~~
2. How many hours I was in the water??

No comments: