Tuesday, July 08, 2008

R.i.P – Racist is Palilalia

WHERE DO I START? Ermm… it seems this is my favourite question when I run out of ideas, but still want to write. So I can think what to write while I write this sentence – brilliant! In truth, the writing was securely in my mind, and just the matter of time to bring it out on the wall – liar! I’ll try to be concise, and it should be easy to bear in mind that there a vast periods of time which is I have absolutely no recollection, may be due to usual routine in my daily life - whatsoever. But this is wasn’t my routine, listening to hindustan songs while writing my blog. A bunch of songs collection from Mohabbatein and Mann films. It wasn’t like me at all – weirdo!

Actually, I’m pissed off so to speak. My computer still not working, it’s dead. I need new hardware, new power supply. I supposed so; I jump to this conclusion after I check everything else. I can’t see other problems. And I don’t have problem to see other problems. So, no more point to discuss about my ‘power’ problems. Anyway, I already asked the forumer about that, and it help a lots with the variety of ideas. thanks to forumer, mostly Fungkur, the admin and the one who provide a good website for us. urgh.. Think of this just make my day even worse. But when I lie on my bed and see the black screen, so dimmed, so shady, like a black dog of my day. Even for now. The black man doesn’t relate at all in this topic. I’m not racist! Haha~~

Racist; heard of this word make me recall one thing. There is drama comedy series about racist. But first, I need to highlight it here, I’m not gonna touch Malaysian issues at all. But (always ada-ada aje tapi… it’s already in my blood), it’s better if Chinese know their own mainland, so to speak to Indian. Don’t they miss their own land? Oopps… (its weird though, how come Malaysian want to be open minded, if they can’t talk, that cannot, this cannot, what can??? Tell me, and still you said voice is freedom. Don’t think glocal, but think global, come on lah people…) Ehem! Back to drama series, it’s named EXTRA. I think I will write about it later, may be I wanna try to be part time reporter on my own someday, who know? so that I can write a good and interesting blog. Uhuh. I got a point there. Actually it was funny as hell and makes my tummy nearly exploded. The main actor is, of course no one no alike (is this correct??) Ricky Gervais, he is very genius. I salute him for make me crying out loud again and again and there is a time when I unashamedly cried and touching. So this is roughly conversation I picked out randomly from season 1 episode 5, with special guest Samuel L. Jackson.

(this is the scene where Maggie and Dan stand next together, Dan is black man who Maggie wants to go out with)
Dan : To be honest, there’s not a lot of black faces needed on television.
Maggie: No. Crimewatch.
Dan : What?
Maggie: The reconstructions on Crimewatch. They always need black actors or white actors. They need black actors and white actors. Depending on who's committed the crime that day? I mean, there’s a criminal, black criminal. Certainly there’s a white criminal as well as black criminals. (Already felt guilty as hell and ask to leave…)
Maggie: Oh, God! I've just remembered I've got to go...
(And Maggie left Dan absurdly)

(In the bus while Andy (Ricky Gervais) and Maggie having a break, and Maggie complained about her attitude earlier which is offense black woman in front of Dan)
Andy: Well, there is that test I can give you.
Maggie: What test?
Andy: The racism test. The one they give you when you join the council to make sure you're not racist.
Maggie: (Surprisingly) I've never heard of it.
Andy: Yeah… Do you want to do it? Just 10 questions.
Maggie: Go on, then. (Confidently)
Andy: Right, you've got to answer just totally honestly, okay? Just relax, you've got nothing to worry about unless you are a racist. (with smirk on his face)
Question one is who would you rather see with their shirt off? Brad Pitt or Sir Trevor McDonald.
Maggie: Brad Pitt, obviously.
Andy: Obviously…
Maggie: What?
Andy: No, I can't say anything till the end. Right, question two. This is about racial awareness. 'Cause often you catch out a real racist because they don't know or care about any black issues. Who's the Prime Minister of Great Britain?
Maggie: Tony Blair.
Andy: Correct. Who is the Prime Minister of Namibia?
Maggie: (goggling her eyes ups and downs) I don’t know.
Andy: You knew the white one. Okay, good. Oh, dear. Who is the Queen of England?
Maggie: Queen Elizabeth II.
Andy: Correct. Who is the President of Djibouti?
Maggie: This is ridiculous. I've never even heard of blooming Djibouti. (trying to defense herself)
Andy: Please do not ridicule the totally valid African language.
Right… next question. Who would you rather have waiting for you when you got home tonight? Johnny Depp or OJ Simpson.
Maggie: Johnny Depp because of the murder thing.
Andy: Because of the murder thing? I think you'll find that Mr OJ Simpson was acquitted but in your eyes 'cause he's black, he's still guilty.
Maggie: People still think he is guilty.
Andy: Racist people still think he is guilty.
Maggie: I'm not a racist.
Andy: I'm just going by the test.
Maggie: I'm trying to get off with a black person.
Andy: Yes, but according to you, you wouldn't want him waiting for you in your house when you got home tonight.
Maggie: Only because I would go, "How did you get in here?"
Andy: Now he's breaking and entering as well. Fascist.
Maggie: Right, I'm going to go and ask him out now.
Andy: Hold on.
Maggie: Watch.
Andy: Tell him you had a hate rating of 9.8, one more than Hitler.
Maggie: Watch, I'm going now.

Haha~ I’m still laughing when I watch this… oh dear… what a great comedy. Sadly, there’s no show in Malaysia tv channel, even astro. Or just go find by yourself in dvd shop and buy it. It’s worth every penny you spend. Trust me.

Oh.. I felt much better… not even thinking about my black screen monitor… haha~~

ps: about the title RiP, i dont know where is the idea come from... its juz came out of nowhere.. huhu~~

No comments: